Friday, December 10, 2010

Thank you and Holiday Decorating

I cannot begin to say what I feel in my heart today, after reading your sweet, encouraging comments, I surely felt loved, I have been so blessed in so many ways, but never did I realize how much support my bloggy friends could provide me with.  I read every word, and felt every virtual hug that you sent, you are all amazing and I wish that I could send a hug back to you all, thank you, thank you, thank you.  We are doing better, we have a "new normal" around here, we still feel pretty raw and vunerable but we are doing our best to move forward. I was so touched by your stories, it was very difficult to put myself out there and I apreciate all of your honesty and your bravery, I truly drew strength from YOU!!  God Bless you all!!

I am trying so hard to make this a special holiday for my little family.  We went and cut down our own tree, a tradition we started last year and one that we will have forever.  I have kept things very simple this year, I just have not had the energy or creative thoughts this year to do much more.  I found the cute banners at Pottery Barn and knew that was going to be my focal point, simple and easy.  I hung some greens in the house, set up our Willow Tree nativity set and purchased a few driftwood reindeer.  Wa-la, decorating is done.  Christmas cards are not even began, cookies have been baked and already consumed (thanks Grandma),the kids get out of school next week and I have not even finished shopping.  Oh well.  This past weekend we attended the drive through story of Jesus and the Glory of Christmas at a local church, two events that truly get us in the Christmas spirit and helps focus our attention on the real reason we have to celebrate this time of year. 











I am still taking things day to day, somedays I feel very strong, other days, not so much, but I am moving on, focusing on the positives in life and not the negatives, excited about the future and putting the past behind us. I will get back to my happy little self again, I am determined!!!  What a better time than Christmas to start anew. 

12 comments:

Andrea said...

I am glad you are feeling better and alittle more like yourself. Your decorating may be simple but it is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Andrea @ Big Creek Cottage
Your decorations are lovely ....I am so inspired by your determination. Happy Holidays to you and thank you for sharing your story......and your Christmas spirit...

AndeM1@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I think your house looks so beautiful. I'm glad you're feeling a little better. I really like the bucket full of Christmas greenery.

Dawn said...

Oh Leslie...I am soo sorry I missed your last post.
YOU and your sweet family are in my prayers...I am so sorry you have had to go through so much this year, and I pray for health and much happiness in 2011...xoxo

NanaDiana said...

Everything takes time...healing...losing...learning...believing in all the good that lies before us. Your decorations are lovely...and you are such a good soul...I know that you will move softly forward until you feel whole again~ xxoo Diana

paige said...

hey sweet girl
i'm so excited to see you have posted.
your home looks perfectly lovely. i saw the pb banner thingies last night & thought they were wonderful.
i especially love the reindeer and the candle in the tin on the table. so pretty

i'm glad you're having some good days.
when i think of you in my minds eye i see a beautiful joyful giggling leslie
xo

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I am so happy to hear you are on the road to feeling better! I will continue to keep you in my prayers. In fact my whole family has prayed for you. :)
Your home looks so lovely!! I really love the simple beauty of your Christmas decor. Too much "stuff" and you can lose the meaning behind Christmas.
Hugs,
Lisa

Dear Lillie said...

Your house looks gorgeous! And I just read your last post and am so glad you are feeling a little better and how incredibly horrifying to have your home broken into! Will keep you and your family in my prayers!

3 Peanuts said...

I love your decorations, Leslie.

I am praying for you and holding your dear in my heart. i would love to chat soon if you have time:)

K

Dawn said...

You have a lovely home.

Merry Christmas!

Gina said...

I just happened upon your blog and love your photography. Not sure what to say about the hard times you re feeling - hopefully, you are seeing them ease up a bit. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

"Jesus is the reason for the season"'
happy Christmas love Cassie